Thursday, April 4, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Possible to setup just 1 node of a SQL 2008 R2 2-node Cluster?

[MS SQL Server] Possible to setup just 1 node of a SQL 2008 R2 2-node Cluster?


Possible to setup just 1 node of a SQL 2008 R2 2-node Cluster?

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 04:53 AM PDT

We are on a very tight schedule -- need to have approvals, procurement, shipment, setup of new servers w/ in 2 weeks.. Mgmt can only get me 1 server for SQL right now.. and the 2nd server in about 2 months.. but needs the system up/running asap.Is it possible to install just the 1st node of a SQL Server 2008 R2 cluster and have it up and operational.. then come back in 2 months and add the 2nd node to the cluster?Thanks for any feedback here..

Moving the SQL Server error logs, SQL Agent logs, and Full-Text logs

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 05:06 AM PDT

Ok, during the installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 (Enterprise x64) I changed the "Data root directory" thinking it would only affect the system databases (as I wanted them on our NAS). Evidently this also installed the following folders on the NAS:[li]FTData (full-text language files)[/li][li]Data (system databases)[/li][li]Jobs (sql agent job logs)[/li][li]Log (sql server logs, sql agent logs, full-text logs)[/li]I need to move FTData, Jobs, and Log back to where they would have been originally installed. Actually, FTData is moved since it was just a registry key that had to be changed and copy the folder over. But when attempting to move Jobs and Log, when I restart SQL Server I get "access denied" messages on the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.<myinstance>\MSSQL\Log\.I know how to change the configurations to tell SQL Server where these files should be, but is there an easy way (other that uninstall/reinstall) to identify/grant the permissions needed for SQL Server to access these locations?To give a little background on the accounts being used. Each service (sql server, sql agent, full-text) run under different accounts. SQL Server and SQL Agent are both domain accounts, while full-text runs under LOCALSERVICE.

Rebuild system database failure

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 09:43 AM PST

I have a situation where all system database (.mdf, .ldf) were wiped out after system recovery from a major outage. I try to follow this link (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/psssql/archive/2008/08/29/how-to-rebuild-system-databases-in-sql-server-2008.aspx)to rebuild system databases but got error that difficult to trouble shoot. OS: window 2008 SP1SQL: 2008 SP2My question1:1. Is the "setup" file is still good to use if my sql server is patched to SP2 after installation?2. What else I can try to recover system files if I have the backup files?ThanksClare

Performance troubleshooting

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 11:51 AM PDT

We have a department who has a couple of SQL servers,they said there sometimes maybe disk I/O issues. That is all information I got from them. They would like me to help troubleshooting.How can I help them to identify the problem using SQL server native tools.I login to the server and found it has 24 GB memory and max memory set to 20 GB. What information I need from them to start troubleshooting?Currently it runs fine.PS: I know I can use PM, DMV, or any other recommendations to start with?I think I have to set up real time monitor, otherwise it will collect too many data to save somewhere, or shall I first ask them when the slowness usually happen to monitor a certain time period?Thanks,

Encrypted File system(EFS) in sql Server 2008

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 08:22 PM PDT

Hi, how can i impleted EFS in sql level user in sql server 2008r2..?is it possiable please help me..

what are the area's you will check when u have a performance issue?

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 10:17 AM PDT

hi all,For interview prospective I need answer for this question. Please help me allIn advance thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog