Tuesday, April 23, 2013

[MS SQL Server] NO. of instances

[MS SQL Server] NO. of instances


NO. of instances

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 10:07 PM PDT

can any one suggest me that how to find out the No. of instances in a server using query

weird dbid from sys.dm_exec_query_stats

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 06:53 PM PDT

Hi.If I execute the sys.dm_exec_query_stats I get back dbids like f.e. 32512 which I can't resolve with db_name. Which database is referenced here?

Excessive sp_executesql usage

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 01:34 AM PDT

My devs seem to use sp_execute even for the execution of SPs. Is there any downside to this dynamic model?

Multi-server Administration - Execute in master

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 01:20 AM PDT

Dear experts,I have implemented a multi-server environment. There is one master server (MSX) and three target servers (TSX).But I have a job that I want to execute in all four servers, either in the targets and in the master. Is there a way to do it? Obvisously I know that I can create a job in the Local Jobs, but then there will be two different jobs.Thanks in advance,

SQL Server 2008 (10.50.1600)

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 12:26 AM PDT

Good afternoonI have a database sitting on a SQL Server 2008 installation (10.50.1600). I have a need to take a backup copy of this database and restore it to a different SQL Server 2008 installation (10.0.5512), but when I try to do so using the Restore Database wizard I get the following error:[quote]System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The database was backed up on a server running version 10.50.1600. That version is incompatible with this server, which is running version 10.00.5512. Either restore the database on a server that supports the backup, or use a backup that is compatible with this server. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)[/quote]Is there a standard upgrade path that would get me from 10.00.5512 to 10.50.1600, and if so can someone tell me what it is? Alternatively, is it possible to back the database up in such a way as to be able to use that backup on the 10.0.5512 box?TIA

Capturing workload for analysis

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 07:04 PM PDT

Hi.I'd like to capture all queries executed against my database to be able to make the right index need decisions.I'm familar with Profiler and SQL Trace and also saw the possiblity to use extended events, but the optimal solution would be something that aggregates me the queries and writes out the repeatedly requeries only once, so I get an aggregated view.Would it be enough to analyse the sql_handles from the sys.dm_exec_query_stats_cache or is there maybe a DMV for that?I need to capture the workload for a long period of time, because same actions happen f.e. only monthly...Could anybody help me how I could realize it to get an overview over all queries for a long time, which aggregates the same queries and let's me order after tables or other measures?

CDC Capture Performance issues

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 05:04 PM PDT

Hi All,I have database which is 1.6 TB and enabled CDC on it with retention of 8 days. Over the week end we received huge delta volume in the form of Updates in base tables. So, out CDC is running 36 hours behind the real time. How would i figure out what is the appropriate retention period for CDC on that Database. Is there any thumb rule?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog