Tuesday, April 2, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Length limitation on domain accounts?

[MS SQL Server] Length limitation on domain accounts?


Length limitation on domain accounts?

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 04:11 AM PDT

I'm attempting to create a login from a Windows account like so:[code="sql"]USE [master]GOCREATE LOGIN [DOMAIN\MyLongerThan20CharacterServiceAccount] FROM WINDOWS WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE=[master];GO[/code]But this fails with the error:[i][b]Msg 15401, Level 16, State 1, Line 1Windows NT user or group 'DOMAIN\MyLongerThan20CharacterServiceAccountnot found. Check the name again.[/b][/i]This account however does exist. If I attempt to shorten it to 20 characters (pre-Windows 2000 format) it works![code="sql"]USE [master]GOCREATE LOGIN [DOMAIN\MyLongerThan20Charac] FROM WINDOWS WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE=[master];GO[/code]Has anyone ran across this 20 character limitation before? I'm assuming there is a simple fix or configuration setting to correct this behavior but I'm hoping someone can chime in on what that is.

CPU Consuming nearly 100%

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 04:08 AM PDT

I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 VM Server with SAN Disk Storage.The SQL Server process is using nearly 100% with only one job running.I had the same problem with this server last week. I got all of the user of the box and it was still consuming 100%.Then I restarted the Service and with no active connections it quickly jumped up to 100%.The Network Guy said that it was not as as result of the SAN this time but he was looking into an issue with the NIC.Shortly after the CPU % dropped to normal levels.He claimed that he did not do anything and claimed that it was the loads. Never mind that it was 100% with no users connected.Any ideas?

Cant Restore Differential Backup

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 01:52 AM PDT

I restored a Full Backup from 12:30 AM this morning and I specified WITH NORECOVERY.Then I attempted to restore a differential Backup that I made at 10:30 AM and I specified WITH RECOVERY.However I get the following error as if I had specified recovery on the full backup:[quote]Msg 3136, Level 16, State 1, Line 1This differential backup cannot be restored because the database has not been restored to the correct earlier state.Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.[/quote]Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Best practice to create a new database for Datamart

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 01:02 AM PDT

Hi,Is there any guidelines for creating a database for OLAP system.

Primary file group out of space

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 12:20 AM PDT

If the primary file group runs out of space and its file growth is restricted, and if the table exists on primary FG, can I still insert into this table by adding a new file on a different disk?

Scripts To Monitor SQL SERVER

Posted: 01 Apr 2013 04:23 PM PDT

Hi Everybody , it's been two or three weeks I'm trying to find scripts to monitor different SQL SERVER indicators, but I can't find. Could someone help me Plz?- Weekly CPU (to create a graph for 7 days )-Weekly Buffer Hit Ratio

Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 11:22 AM PDT

Hi,I'm installing SQL Server 2008 x64 developer edition on Windows Server 2008 x64. I installed the SQL Server 2008 many times with no issues.But this time I have changed Shared feature directories as below: Shared feature directory as D:\Program Files Shared feature directory (x86) as D:\Program Files(x86)and now ending up with the below error:TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup------------------------------The following error has occurred:Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.Click 'Retry' to retry the failed action, or click 'Cancel' to cancel this action and continue setup.Is changing the above directories will be the reason for the SQL Server 2008 installation failure?Is this allowed to change the above directories Shared feature directory & Shared feature directory (x86) from default directories C:\Program Files & C:\Program Files(x86)?I even tried the Repair option and then again getting the same errorThanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog