Thursday, April 18, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Issue with Linking Servers

[MS SQL Server] Issue with Linking Servers


Issue with Linking Servers

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 08:49 AM PDT

This is my current situation. I have job scheduled to run every morning that collects data from various servers to a local database on Server A and then we will use that data for reports, etc. The owner of the job is the same user as the SQL service service account and this account has access to all our sql servers and runs other jobs without any issues. When the job is ran I receive this error in the history log: Executed as user: domain\sqluser. Login failed for user 'sa_Link'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [SQLSTATE 28000] (Error 18452). The step failed.I have created links to each of the server's I am connecting to. I have used the following to create the links between the servers: EXEC sp_addlinkedserver @server=N'ServerB', -- Remote Computer Name @srvproduct=N'', -- Not Needed @provider=N'SQLNCLI', -- SQL Server Driver @datasrc=N'ServerB'; -- Server Name And InstanceThen under server objects-Linked Servers I see the linked server. For the Security tab I don't have any users in the local login. The only change here I have done is select the "Be made using this security context" with the sa_link user account and password. This is a local SQL user and is both on server A and server B with the same password. Under server options I have also enabled RPC and RPC OutNow I have setup the sql domain service account setup to delegate via kerberos due to a need the occurred between to other server's and a programmers PC (2nd hop not liking NTLM, etc). But since this is only one hop NTLM or Kerberos will work just fine. I've been trying to figure out what I am missing or did incorrectly that isn't allowing the SP's in the job to run.

service pack

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 11:03 AM PDT

I am using SQL server installation to repair an exiting crashed SQL server 2008 Sp3My question is after I do the repair which is from installation media , do I still need to apply service pack 3?Thanks,

DBcreator

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 02:32 AM PDT

We have a build process , the build account is a dbcreator, after it create the database, it cannot access the objects in it, why is that?Thanks

Have upgraded from 2005 to 2008R2 but still getting security updates for 2005

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 12:06 AM PDT

Hi there,We've recently upgraded a 2005 SQL cluster (active / active) to 2008 R2. There still seems to be SQL 2005 client tools including SSMS but the version in the registry setting and on the SQL instances is 10.50.4000. I just recently checked for security updates for the server and I was troubled to see that one of them coming up is "Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4 Failover Clustering".Has anyone else experienced this or why this is happening and how to resolve this?Thanks,Mike

Reindex task taking for ever

Posted: 09 Apr 2013 06:11 PM PDT

SQL Server 2008 R2 - 10.50.2500. We have a Database, about 35 GB in size, which has got several tables and indexes. I ran a report 'Index Physical Statistics' and it came up with recommendation for rebuild couple of indexes. I tried to rebuild these indexes, all but few wouldn't. The reindex on these few indexes seems to be taking for ever and i had to cancel the reindex task. Below is the detail of the index on which reindex task was taking for ever:IndexName Index Type Partitions Depth Operation RecommendedXXXXXX , Nonclustered, 1, 2, Rebuild Partition Type, Avg Frag%, #Fragments, Avg Pages per Frag, # Pages 1, 50, 2, 1, 2Any ideas? Thanks,Ravi

Min and Max server memory

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 07:04 AM PDT

Am a junior DBA and We have an issue from last couple of days. We have a server of Windows 2003 Standard Edtion of x64 bit with SP2. SQL Server is of 32bit running. Physical Memory on the server is 0f 4GB and SQL now running out of memory. Can we enable the AWE on a 64 bit OS machine where SQL is of 32 bitPlease suggest me

Collation check

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 09:42 AM PDT

How do I amend this to only show me tables, select DISTINCT TABLE_NAME from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNSWHERE COLLATION_NAME <> 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN'AND TABLE_NAME <> 'syn%' order by TABLE_NAME ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog