Saturday, April 6, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Huge DIFF Backup, Normal T-Log Backups

[MS SQL Server] Huge DIFF Backup, Normal T-Log Backups


Huge DIFF Backup, Normal T-Log Backups

Posted: 06 Apr 2013 02:12 AM PDT

I have a 55 Gig database, and the differential backup for yesterday was 32 Gig !! It was about 5 gig the day beforeSo, I assumed I could look at my transaction log backups and find a huge T-log backup to identify what time of day something big happened. But my t-logs, every 15 minutes, show 1 backup > 1 gig, and all the others quite small, and similar to other days this week.What can make a huge Diff backup, without generating huge t-log backup(s) ?

Number of Deadlocks/sec - value increase high?

Posted: 05 Apr 2013 03:07 PM PDT

Hi..I have checked one of the production server.. by uisng below scriptselect cntr_value AS NumOfDeadLocks FROM sys.dm_os_performance_counters WHERE object_name = 'SQLServer:Locks' AND counter_name = 'Number of Deadlocks/sec' AND instance_name = '_Total'output - 400, then restart services this value become zero after this counter value increase more and morePl. confirm..what could be meaning this counter values, is it really happend deadlock issue?should I enable trace falg 1204, 1222, 3605 for capture deadlock event?Thanksananda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog