Monday, April 15, 2013

[MS SQL Server] dbWarden questions

[MS SQL Server] dbWarden questions


dbWarden questions

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 03:48 AM PDT

Hello --I am trying out the dbWarden application by running it within the 2008 Standard R2 SQL Studio application. It appears to have executed successfully, but I am having trouble identifying and locating the output file. Can anyone provide information on this? Thanks.

Restore Transactional Log Backup

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 03:33 AM PDT

Hi,I am new to this forum.Could anyone help me with this questions please. I am not able to resore my log backup.My plan for backup is daily full backup, and transactional log backup for every 5 minutes because we do not have much transactions.My data base recovery model is "Full", and I scheduled transactional Backup with time stamp file name, and it works. Now I have problem with restoring transactional log backup. I restored my Full backup with Recovery state " RECOVERY WITH STANDBY" , and Restore options "WITH REPLACE", but when I want to restore transactional log backup, it is grayed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance,

CPU on SQL server

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 03:25 AM PDT

Our .net application runs slow from a couple of weeks ago, it is using the SQL database, I see the CPU usage on SQL server sometimes goes up to 96% above, how can I troubleshooting this to see what is using the CPU?Thanks

No performance gain on queries on different servers with considerable hardware change

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 12:02 AM PDT

I have a dedicated Server for SQL Server. SQL Server runs on SQL Server 2008 Standard edition with SP2 applied. The machine is a 64 bit windows machine with 32 processors and 48 GB Ram.I have moved a database from my existing UAT server to the new server(There is a drastic change in the server hardware) but can't find increase in performance when I run the same queries. What could be the reason ? Any suggestion on changes to be made ?

Encrypted File system(EFS) in sql Server 2008

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 08:22 PM PDT

Hi, how can i impleted EFS in sql level user in sql server 2008r2..?is it possiable please help me..

Simple Replication Question

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 12:03 PM PDT

I am doing some testing with Replication, I have not used much replication before.I have set up a Subscription that uses Transactional Replication and works fine when I update or insert.I added a new table, went to the Publisher and added the table as a new Article.I could not see the new table in the Subscriber database.In the end I did a "ReInitialize" at the Publisher with creating a new Snapshot.I can see the new table and the errors have gone.Is this the correct way to get the new article to the Subscriber?When it does this new Snapshot does it consist of the ALL the Articles and data (could be big) or just and changing like the new table?thanks

Rebuilding All Indices

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 07:53 AM PDT

Hello EveryoneI hope that everyone is having a very nice weekend.I am working to create a maintenance plan. I am looking for some great advice on how one could rebuild all indices. Of course using a stored procedure that is executed by a SQL job. I have a query that will return all index names that are fragmented above a set percentage. I would like to use that to get the name. But after that, I am not sure what the best performing code would be to write to rebuild each index in the list returned.I great appreciate any and all advice, suggestions and commentsAndrew SQLDBA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog