Saturday, April 20, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Break the replication

[MS SQL Server] Break the replication


Break the replication

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 04:33 PM PDT

I have configured the Transaction replicationHere i want to know how to break the transactional replication and i want re create itcan u please provide the procedure for it

Tempdb Space Issues

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 07:26 AM PDT

Hi thereWhen running an SSIS package I get the following message:SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.SORT temporary run storage: 140748109840384' in database 'tempdb' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.". I have checked disk space - plenty of it leftTempdb is set to "autogrow"Yet - still get this error.Any ideas?RegardsChris

Transactin Log Issue

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 05:56 AM PDT

Hi,I am having issue with out Transaction logs as it's keep getting full even after shrinking the file.We have Sql server 2008 and it's also run MS CRM application.We have T -Log Back up is set up to every 2 hrs.I have changed my recovery model from FULL to SIMPLE then Shrink the file and did full back up and set up again to FULL Recovery Mode but still it's growing fast.Appreciated any help!

Index Maintenance Strategy

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 05:53 AM PDT

Hi SQL-folks,I've asked myself, what would be the best strategy to keep my indexes always optimal and up-to-date. What are your practices.I tried several approaches :- Missing index views and unused index views : I marked that ones, that need to persist, allthough they are not used often through extended property comments and deleted the unused periodically and create the missing new ones. Problems : Danger of creating and deleting the same indexes over an over again, because you got other better indexes, or the index get's shown as missing allthoug you created it (MS Bug in SQL Server 2008 prior to R2). this is a lot of work and not taking care of partitioning etc. Why is impact not a counter I can rely on...what can I rely on?- DTA : The database tuning advisor seems to be good, but the naming conventions are terrible and the dta doesn't know about indexes that need to be persisted because it speeds up a very important query executed very seldom up to 100%. So it's a lot of extra work an I never get rid of the best and optimal settings for index maintenance in my very special case, because the documentation is very bad. I don't know in deep how the dta works and I want to have control over what I do. Problems : Capturing a workload over such a long period of time, that all interesting queries get captured.- Manual Analysis : I traced out the queries that took the longest time and tried to speed them up through analysis of the execution plans. Problems : What is the best way to have the optimal amount of indexes serving all statements as best as possible. Is it better to have wide indexes or is it better to have small indexes whit the downside of slowing down inser, updates and deletes.I hope you know what I mean and can help me with your experience.Thanks in advance!!! God bless you!!!

Funny query executiin behaviour

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 05:55 AM PDT

At one of my servers i got the funny problem, that sometimes one of my queries take 300 ms and at some times 8000 ms allthough the server has enough ressources. I can't explain this behaviour. What could be theoretical reasons for this?Thanks in advance! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog