Saturday, April 13, 2013

[MS SQL Server] 2008 R2 : Cannot connect after upgrade to SP1

[MS SQL Server] 2008 R2 : Cannot connect after upgrade to SP1


2008 R2 : Cannot connect after upgrade to SP1

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 11:27 PM PDT

Here it is. In the last month I got 2 hard drive failure, and did have to reinstall SQL server 2008 R2. The 2 first time, no problem everything went smooth.After last hard drive failure, I had reinstalled Windows 7 (x64) and SQL server 2008 R2 ... works fine. No problem to connect to the server using Windows authentication. I install SP1 for 2008 r2 and since then I can't anymore connect to the server (on my local machine).Got error message as below.I do notice that the SQL server service is stopped. If I restart it, try to connect, it will automatically stop.Any hints on how to get that situation resolved ...Thankspascal.TITLE: Connect to Server------------------------------Cannot connect to <Machine>\<Instance>.------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 10061)For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=10061&LinkId=20476------------------------------BUTTONS:OK------------------------------

Running SQL Profiler Trace on a specific table

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 04:18 AM PDT

Is there a way to run a SQL Trace on a specific table? I've got a table in the production environment, which keeps changing values in certain column, and I'm trying to find what is causing the change.

restoring status

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 08:56 AM PDT

I have restored a database from a backup, and the restore is OK.I went into it checking security is Ok, tables are OK,Then after a few hours I logged in again, and see the database is at restoring status.Why is that?I have no jobs schedules to do that, and I am not aware of anyone else logging to this new server.It happened once, I thought I missed something, I restored again, it is fine, I can open tables, edit, and then after a few hours, I login and see it is at restoring status again...

procedure cache hit ratio too high?

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 04:09 PM PST

Hi,Test Server always using procedure cache hit ratio 90% to 95%, Total server Memory 3 GBMax memory setting – 2048Buffer cache Hit – 100 %Page Life Expectancy – 64,973 secondsDBCC PROCCACHEnum proc buffs - 3973num proc buffs used - 65num proc buffs active - 65proc cache size - 559proc cache used - 13proc cache active – 13how to resolve this issues, how to increase procedure cache size?thanksananda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog