Tuesday, March 12, 2013

[SQL Server] Part Table or Procedure not updating

[SQL Server] Part Table or Procedure not updating


I'm not sure if it is hardcoded or a stored procedure and I'm currently stuck with no hair left!I hope this makes sense and I'm sure it is something really simple but I'm tearing my hair out here :OThanks

Part Table or Procedure not updating

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 10:09 AM PDT

Hi all,I'm fairly new at all this but I know a little, I've recently taken over our database from a guy who designed it and I've been tasked with adding a part name to our database. It is aspx format and I've managed to add the line item to the aspx file:WipersI've also added Wipers to the table in sql. That part seems OK.Now when I open a ticket for a repair the part name Wipers is not shown against the part name field but the value 24 is shown and I cannot work out why it is not picking up the value I added Wipers. The code in the form is:
Part:

supplying a schema in queries, performance?

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 12:51 AM PDT

HiA random question, if you write queries and put the schema before objects will it affect performance in any way and if so what type of metrics are we looking at? even if they are tiny :-DRegardsGordon Beeming

I am looking to gain work experience here in London UK - Please HELP!!!

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 10:40 PM PDT

I am a certificated SQL Server DBA in both 05 and 08 since 2010, but has had no joy successfully getting a job as a SQL Server DBA - even at junior level. I am looking for such an opportunity. I am an analytical person who is adaptable to change and can hit the ground running. I come from a Testing background, but have since decided to change my career.Can anyone please help me please :-) :-) :-)

SQL Cached Plans - MPA

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 06:09 PM PDT

Hi AllI have a question regarding SQL cached plans and the multipage allocatorBased on what I understand, any request of more that 8KB of memory will go through the multipage allocator.I have run the below select and the results are a bit confusing[code="sql"]SELECT COUNT (*) FROM sys.dm_exec_cached_plans AS cp where cp.size_in_bytes/1024 > 8SELECT COUNT (*)FROM sys.dm_exec_cached_plans AS cp where cp.size_in_bytes/1024 < = 8[/code]For the first select, I have 86 plansFor the second select, I have 8 plansDoes this mean that 86 of my cached plans have been allocated through the multipage allocator?Thanks

How to find database,object,schema level permissions on a server

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 11:47 PM PDT

Hi...any one can provide the solution please it's very urgenti need a tsql script for SQL SERVER 2005Requirements:I have 2 user accounts for the both accounts i need to find the all the permissions.Like...• The 2 users are mapped to which databases on the server?• What are the databases names? • What kind of permissions having on the mapped databases?• For each database i need to find all the permissions like object level, schema level....etc.....?Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog