Monday, March 11, 2013

[SQL Server] Linked Server Anonymose Logon Error

[SQL Server] Linked Server Anonymose Logon Error


Linked Server Anonymose Logon Error

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 04:54 AM PST

Hi,So we are changing the SQL service account. The account we are changing to is in a domain user and the previous one was a domain admin. The account is inside a group and the group has been added to the local administrators group per server using a group policy. The group has been given logon rights to the servers, and the sysadmin server role.When I changed the sql service account to the new account it seemed to go fine. A few days later developers are complaining about linked servers being disconnected. So I logged in to a server through ssms that had a link server to the server that I changed the account on. When I test the connection to the linked server that had the service account changed I get "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456)."Are there specific permissions that a domain account needs to be used for link servers? We temporary resolved the issue by changing the logon under the linked server properties to the sa account, but the sql service still runs as the newly changed account. I have seen some documentation but it's pretty hard to follow i'm pretty new to the more complex areas of sql.

Hash value generation times

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 02:16 AM PDT

I have a table with 56 million rows. I performed the following operation:ALTER TABLE MyBigTable ADD NewHashColumn AS HASHBYTES('SHA2_512', Column1+Column2+Column3)The operation took a fraction of a second to complete. How is this possioble?! I mean can SQL Server really generate so many hash keys in such space of time?!I'm guessing that the table was already in memory and all this operation took place in memory? Will the next checkpoint write the actual hash codes to the disk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog