Monday, March 18, 2013

[SQL Server 2008 issues] Best Approach to Archieve DB

[SQL Server 2008 issues] Best Approach to Archieve DB


Best Approach to Archieve DB

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 08:39 PM PDT

Example - We have a DB which have loads of data & we want to archiev it to some Server in such a way thatScenario - Source DB have 5 yrs Data in it, we want to move the 5 yrs Data to Destination DB, & then will keep only one month data in Source DB, that means on monthly basis we will have less data in Sorce DB.Please help me a best approach??

Finding Comma in the string

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 06:24 PM PDT

Guys, Declare @string VARCHAR(MAX)SET @string IN ('sql','server','2008') Here, How to find a comma in the above string?whether comma(,) exists or it is single valueI want to solve the below example[code="sql"]SELECT CASE WHEN @string = 'some string' THEN 'XYZ' WHEN @string IN (,) THEN 'abc' ---- the will be comma separated multiple value('sql','server','2008') FROM my_table[/code] If comma exist in the string then i want to print value.

SQL architecture

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 05:27 PM PDT

Can any one explain the SQL architecture

Transact replication on two computers

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:26 AM PDT

HelloI am trying create transactional replication with updatable with subscriptions on two PC ( between instances database is OK ).On PC1 I was creating publicator ( include tables ), On PC2 I was creating Subscription ( I logged on PC1, choosed database and table ), next I was writing data to created linked server and I have error:http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vnijk1&s=6Screen step by step:http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vlo009&s=6http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=nb9qaa&s=6This data to linked server is ok because between instancesit works.Help me :-(

can we install 2008 R2 integration services and 2012 integration services on the same server

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 09:59 AM PDT

Hi DBA'SI had 2012 integration services installed on a server. i am trying to connect to Oracle but it is failing. I worked with Same SSIS Pkg in 2008 r2 where i can connect to oracle and import data. So i am planning to install sql server 2008 r2 ssis on the same box where 2012 is installed. My Database engine will be 2012. can i do this ?please adviseThanks a alot in adavnce

XLSX Import Error: result code db_sec_E_auth_failed

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 09:31 AM PDT

I'm trying to import a 190 meg .XLSX file to a SQL 2008 (not R2) server. First, I installed "Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLD DB Provider". But I get the error:"Operation Could Not Be Completed. No Error message available. Result code db_sec_E_auth_failed"I found a suggestion to go to the properties tab and insert the path & file name, which now give me the error:DB_E_ERRORSOCCURRED(0x80040E21). System Data.Any thoughts ? I have a 2005 server available, but assumed the 2008 (not R2) server would be better to try.

send Table name to procedure as a parameter

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 08:11 AM PDT

hi i create a procedure in my database.this SP select all rows from a table :[code][b]CREATE PROCEDURE FillTableASBEGIN select * from [dbo].[TableName]END[/b][/code]now ,i want to send the name of table as a parameter to SP . then this name (parameter) use in Select command .how can i do it with this way or any way you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog