Sunday, March 24, 2013

[SQL 2012] Why am I having so much trouble restoring?

[SQL 2012] Why am I having so much trouble restoring?


Why am I having so much trouble restoring?

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 07:54 AM PDT

What I'm trying to do is really just make a copy of a database on the same server for testing purposes. In previous versions of SQL Server, all I would do is restore the last backup I took of the source database and restore it with a new name. I would have to make sure to change the names of the files as well, but that always seemed to work and was so easy. But in 2012, this is much more difficult, it keeps wanting to use the timelines, and then doesn't let me change the file names.Is there a better way to create a copy on the same server from a live and active database with minimal impact to the users? Some way that won't confuse my maintenance plans, or anything else on the server?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog