Tuesday, March 12, 2013

[SQL 2012] upgrading PowerPivot for Sharepoint from 2008R2 to 2012

[SQL 2012] upgrading PowerPivot for Sharepoint from 2008R2 to 2012


upgrading PowerPivot for Sharepoint from 2008R2 to 2012

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 04:31 AM PDT

I am trying to upgrade my Powerpivot for Sharepoint 2008R2 to 2012 and struggling with many problems...I try to follow [u][url=http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210646.aspx]Upgrade PowerPivot for SharePoint[/url][/u] which refers to [u][url=http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh230964.aspx]Upgrade PowerPivot for SharePoint (PowerPivot Configuration Tool)[/url][/u] In this latest article, I am supposed to use the new tool "Power Pivot Configuration Tool" that I can't see in my start up menus...Any idea how to install this tool?If I try to install "PowerPivot for Sharepoint", this is rejected because there is already an instance called "POWERPIVOT" (normal since I installed it with 2008R2)I am a bit confused... :doze:

Event Notifications

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 01:38 AM PDT

Hello,I am trying to set up event notifications on an instance of SQL Server in order to send me an email when a DDL statement is executed in that instance.I have created the queue, service, route and then the event notification but am unsure how what to do now.Does anyone have any documentation on what I need to do next in order to get this working?Thank you,Andrew

NUMA and PLE on SQL Server 2012

Posted: 04 Feb 2013 11:26 PM PST

I've read both Paul and Jonathan's blogs regarding this issue (http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/page-life-expectancy-isnt-what-you-think/) and started looking at the PLE counters for each individual NUMA node. I can't seem to wrap my head around why there is such a widespread discrepancy between the NUMA nodes. We are running SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Core. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Tommy[url=https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EB98D18648791013!7197&authkey=!AN6DKRDzgyJlarU]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EB98D18648791013!7197&authkey=!AN6DKRDzgyJlarU[/url][img]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EB98D18648791013!7197&authkey=!AN6DKRDzgyJlarU[/img]

Multiple instances referencing same master.mdf

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 03:37 AM PDT

Okay, this one has me stumped (or I have missed something about instance installations!)I have added some more instances on our server at work:MIRROR, STAGE and DEVELOP (these are in addition to the first installed instance SQL_EXPRESS). Each one has a [b]different[/b] data folder.Installations worked fine, however they now all show the [b]same[/b] list of databases as SQL_EXPRESS.I have checked MSDN and have checked the startup parameters ([b]-d[/b] for [i]c:\path[/i]\master.mdf) of the services for the other instances and they are correct. I know it's checking them as I gave a false path and it raised an error. I also checked the registry settings for each instance.The only thing I can think is that during installation I specified the same [i]Instance Root Directory[/i] - I would test this theory but I can't do a reboot. I would have thought it would have told me if I had misconfigured? Surely each instance has the option listed because each instance can run from a separate master.mdf and therefore data folder?Thanks in advance :-)

Feature Inquiry

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 10:14 AM PDT

Hello,Does 2012 offer any feature which allows for the collection of Instance data across all my production installs? In other words, what is a good technique to centralize (for documentation)All SSIS package (document only)All Jobs and schedualesAll logins and database mappingsInstance configuration parametersI can write SQL queries and run them on each server and centralize them manually...or I can deploy procedures an maintain those across all instances. But I'd like to do this with as little footprint as possible. Preferable none.What I'd like, is a feature where one of my instances is a repository and collects this information from the servers I choose. Does this make sense? How are people doing this and is there something in 2012 to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog