Saturday, March 2, 2013

[SQL 2012] SSAS 2012 Actions not appearing in Excel 2010

[SQL 2012] SSAS 2012 Actions not appearing in Excel 2010


SSAS 2012 Actions not appearing in Excel 2010

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 08:48 PM PST

Hi,I have an SSAS cube that i want to add some actions to. I've had problems adding a reporting action to the cube so decided just to add a URL action instead. Start simple and build on the concepts...So i add a new action, give it a name, set the Target Type to Cells, Taget object to All Cells. I've put no condition on the action since i want it to appear all the time.The action content type is set to URL the action expression is set to "http://www.google.co.uk" I've also set a caption of "Google" under the additional properties and said that the caption is MDX (I'm aware that it isn't but i do intend to expand on this...).See the attached screenshot.I then build and deploy my cube, call up excel (2010) and then create a pivot table off the back of the cube but when i right-click the cells in the pivot table and go to "additional actions" it tells me that there are none specified.Does anyone know where i'm going wrong? I'm obviously missing something rather fundamental here.Thanks,Simon

Alias works with Linked Server but not with Management Studio

Posted: 01 Mar 2013 11:13 PM PST

I have a remote machine running SQL Server 2012 on Windows 2008 and am trying to connect to it from a machine running SQL Server Express 2012 on Windows 8.I have created an alias and am able to attach the remote machine as a linked server and browse the catalogue. When I try to connect to the alias through Management Studio, however, I get the network path was not found, error 53.Definitely not a problem on the remote server as I can connect from a different PC running SQL Server Express 2008R2 on Windows 2003.Any suggestions on what I should be looking at?

SSMS connection to SSIS with packages on remote MSDB server - is that even remotely possible?

Posted: 01 Mar 2013 09:03 AM PST

I've been working in a lab to see what is possible as far as separation of services in SQL Server 2012.I have this setup:Server 1: DB EngineServer 2: SSIS & SSASMy goal is to have the SSIS packages in a database on the main DB server (Server 1) and have the users access Server 2's SSIS via SSMS from their workstation. I'm finding that this is perhaps not possible. [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1373364-1550-1.aspx#bm1373371]As this forum post states:[/url]Which quotes [url=http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337083(v=sql.110).aspx]this article from MS[/url]:[quote]Delegation Is Not SupportedSQL Server Integration Services does not support the delegation of credentials, sometimes referred to as a double hop. In this scenario, you are working on a client computer, Integration Services is installed on a second computer, and SQL Server is installed on a third computer. Although SQL Server Management Studio successfully passes your credentials from the client computer to the second computer on which Integration Services is running, Integration Services cannot delegate your credentials from the second computer to the third computer on which SQL Server is running.[/quote]So it looks like i finally hit a brick wall. I'm wondering if there is any way to configure such a scenario (mostly for knowledge) or if that is even practical. I'd be curious to hear from experienced DBA's who can perhaps point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

Installing SS 2012 Enterprise Edition (Requirements Question)

Posted: 01 Mar 2013 06:44 AM PST

From looking at this link it appears that if i want to install Enterprise Edition on my computer, I need to install Windows Server. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspxCurrently I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm sure I don't need Enterprise but I was thinking why not? So i guess I'll do developer.Anyone ever use Windows Server? Is there any reason why I'd want to install that on my laptop? chances are I won't play around with it much anyway. But i guess it would not hurt to get some experience.I get all this software for free from my university.Thanks!

Writing Powershell for BI SSIS 2012 project package deployment

Posted: 01 Mar 2013 02:36 AM PST

As a Powershell newbie, I want to write a PowerShell script that will execute on the production server and create all the necessary objects from dev. for the SSIS 2012 project/packages needed. I need a Powershell script that can 1. Create the SSISDB Catlalog 2. Deploy the SSIS 2012 project/packages to the catalog.3. Create the sql agent job that will execute on a daily schedule one of the parent packages in the catalog.4. Execute 4 of the SSIS packages in the SSISDB catalog that will create the BI staging databases, tables and other stuff. Does anyone have a Powershell script that does a SSIS 2012 deployment. I have found nothing on the web to show me the syntax. The ????? below is an example of where no samples exist for the jobstep command.$jobStep.Subsystem = [Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Agent.AgentSubSystem]::SSIS$jobStep.Command = ?????????????Thanks for any help or guidance to a resource

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog