Wednesday, March 6, 2013

[SQL 2012] SQL Server Always On

[SQL 2012] SQL Server Always On


SQL Server Always On

Posted: 05 Mar 2013 08:53 PM PST

Hi,I have setup a clustered environment for my SQL Server database and configured Always On replication with no issues, everything seems to be working perfectly, however I have one problem that I'm hoping someone has the answer to?!I have configured Read Only Intent on my secondary replica and setup a dummy report in SSRS that simply gets the @@SERVERNAME property. I have configured the applicaton intent = read only within my connection string and when I run the report it works perfectly, returning the secondary server name as my result set.What I want to know is there a way that I can do this within a SP so that when it is executed it automatically offloads the query to the secondary replica?? I've been scouring the internet for awhile trying to find an answer to this but so far I'm coming up blank!!!!!!Any help is appreciated.Thanks

always on availability group performance

Posted: 05 Mar 2013 05:16 AM PST

I'm looking for a way (DMV query possibly) to see how far the secondary replica has fallen behind under heavy database load (inserts, updates, deletes) on the primary. In other words, is there a way to see how many transactions the secondary needs to apply so it is caught up and in sync with the primary? I would like to do some performance testing in our lab.Also, is there an easy way to see the performance overhead cost of sync compared to async?

Using 'dbghelp.dll' version '4.0.5'

Posted: 04 Feb 2013 11:32 AM PST

Hello,This isn't specific to SQL 2012 after doing a bit of Googling, but it's writing to my Sql Server log roughly once every 5 seconds so pretty annoying.We've just installed sharepoint portal on it. Any ideas how I can fix it please?thanks

Enabling Always On Option in sql server 2012

Posted: 05 Mar 2013 03:57 AM PST

Hi , I hope to enable this Always On Availability group option the server must be in failover clustering. In our environment we have one sql server 2012 enterprise edition and two sql server 2008r2 standard edition. Is it possible to configure fail over between these nodes . Any option to enable Always On option in sql server 2012 . Kindly share your views. Need to make use of this option in sql server 2012 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog