Tuesday, March 19, 2013

[SQL 2012] Reports Designed in SQL 2005

[SQL 2012] Reports Designed in SQL 2005


Reports Designed in SQL 2005

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 01:24 AM PDT

Hi. I have installed SQL 2012 into a dev environment to allow me to test ERP System reports. Using Visual Studio 2010 I have attempted to execute a standard sales report. This returns a rendering error "Index was out of range. Must be non negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name index".The report in question was developed for SQL 2005 and has hidden fields which were added in order to display header information on multiple pages. I understand this fudge is no longer required since SQL 2008.So my question. Where to start! I was hoping I would be able to push a magic button and update the format of older reports so they execute.Any tips advice welcome, I have hundreds of reports. Some execute but I am sure many will not.Kind Regards,Phil.

Can't execute SSIS package from remote machine

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 09:26 PM PDT

OS: Windows 2012, standard, 64-bitSQL: 2012 + SP1 + CU2 = 11.0.3339We recently decided to "break apart" our BI environment. We used to have everything on one box, DB Engine, SSIS, SSAS & SSRS. Everything has been running fine, but we now have other projects using these services, so we decided to break them apart into their own boxes.We now have DB Engine on one Server, SSIS & SSRS on another server and SSAS on yet another server, so we now have three boxes that replaced one box. All are Windows 2012, standard, 64-bit with SQL Server 2012 + SP1 + CU2.Since some of our SSIS packages have to access external resources, we used a domain account for it's service account. The DB Engine and SSAS box are using the default service accounts when installed. I can execute the packages fine on the SSIS server, I can even execute them via SQL Agent jobs on the SSIS box (we did install a default instance of SQL on the SSIS box), however when I try to execute a package from my laptop, it fails with the ugly "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'". I immediately double checked my SPNs and they all looked correct for the SSIS server and the service account we are using (and we had no duplicates). I also double checked the User Rights Assignment in the Local policy editor and all the correct Rights have been assigned (Log on as a service, Bypass traverse checking, Impersonate a client after authentication). I'm stumped here. Anybody have anything else I can check or that I have overlooked?Thanks-A.

Connect button Grayed Out

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 01:43 AM PDT

I'm just starting to play with the 2012 version of SSMS, I got the 2012 Express with SSMS installer and installed an instance of 2012 on my laptop. I downloaded the 2012 Adventure works DB from codeplex and ran this query to install it:CREATE DATABASE AdventureWorks2012 ON (FILENAME = 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.SQL2012\MSSQL\DATA\AdventureWorks2012_Data.mdf') FOR ATTACH_REBUILD_LOG;This generated a level 20 error:Msg 948, Level 20, State 1, Line 1The database 'AdventureWorks2012' cannot be opened because it is version 706. This server supports version 661 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported.Uh oh, looks like I connected to my default 2008R2 instance, not my new 2012 instance.I went to press the connect button next to the database drop down list, I noticed that both connect and disconnect are grayed out.I know that a Level 20 error will kill your connection, but usually the connect icon becomes available. I was able to get around this by just executing a "USE Master" command to reconnect, then disconnect and connect to the proper instance, but I found this behavior odd.I couldn't find any info on this via Google or searching the forums here. Anyone else noticed this? To verify that this is caused by an error, I ran the following and it too grayed out both connect and disconnect:RAISERROR (N'This is message %s %d.', -- Message text. 20, -- Severity, 1, -- State, N'Error', -- First argument. 5) WITH log; -- Second argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog