Friday, March 8, 2013

[SQL 2012] Newbie Question - Saving SSIS Packages

[SQL 2012] Newbie Question - Saving SSIS Packages


Newbie Question - Saving SSIS Packages

Posted: 07 Dec 2012 02:49 AM PST

This is a really basic question but I can't seem to figure out how to save a copy of an SSIS package to the SQL Server. I've saved it locally but I want to upload it to the server. When I used BIDS, I just: 1. Double-clicked on the package2. Chose file > Save Copy of Package As3. Selected SQL Server as the package location and entered the server nameNow I'm using SSDT. When I choose the same option, "Save Copy of Package As" it doesn't show the option for package location.I was able to upload it by logging into integration services from SSMS and importing the package but I thought there had to be a way to do it from SSDT.Sorry, I know it's a stupid question. I've only been at this for 2 months. :unsure:

This index operation requires 8192 KB of memory per DOP

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 12:52 AM PST

One of my sproc has the following bit of SQL:[code="sql"]IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.columns WHERE name = 'idxMatchKey1' AND OBJECT_ID = OBJECT_ID(@SourceTable + '_keys_')) EXEC('ALTER TABLE dbo.' + @SourceTable + '_keys_ add idxMatchKey1 VARBINARY(8000)') EXEC('UPDATE dbo.' + @SourceTable + '_keys_ SET idxMatchKey1 = HASHBYTES(''SHA2_512'', mkPostOut+mkPostIn+mkName1) WHERE NULLIF(mkPostOut, '''') IS NOT NULL AND NULLIF(mkPostIn, '''') IS NOT NULL AND NULLIF(mkName1, '''') IS NOT NULL') IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.indexes WHERE name = 'idx_MatchKey1' AND OBJECT_ID = OBJECT_ID(@SourceTable + '_keys_')) EXEC ('CREATE INDEX idx_MatchKey1 ON dbo.' + @SourceTable + '_keys_(idxMatchKey1)')[/code]This has been running fine. The only thing that has changed is that I've created additional tempdb files, moved temdb to a different drive and restarted SQL Server.This is the full error message:[b]Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'idx_MatchKey1' has maximum length of 8000 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.The statement has been terminated.Msg 8606, Level 17, State 1, Line 1This index operation requires 8192 KB of memory per DOP. The total requirement of 131336 KB for DOP of 16 is greater than the sp_configure value of 8192 KB set for the advanced server configuration option "index create memory (KB)". Increase this setting or reduce DOP and rerun the query.[/b]Please advise?

BIDS (SQL Server Business Intellence Studio) has been replaced by Data Tools (SSDT)??

Posted: 07 Mar 2013 07:08 PM PST

I have a SQL Server 2012 enterprise Instance and I've been asked to install 'BIDS' on several 32 bit XP Clients. When I attempted to use my SQL Server 2012 installation media - I couldn't because the media would not run on a 32bit client (surprise surprise)Made sense so I hit google.. Then I discoverd that BIDS (SQL Server Business Intellence Studio) has been replaced by Data Tools (SSDT) in SQL Server 2012... is that correct? If that is the case, does anyone know if I install the BIDS on the XP Client will they be able to use it against the SQL Server 2012 instance? Not sure if it is forward compatible.If it's NOT compatible, I figure my two options are: stand up a 64 bit Windows 7 client for them and install the 2012 Data toolsTry and get a hold of SQL Server 2012 32bit install media (I suspect this does not exist)Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Setting up SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn, can't get error msgs to clear

Posted: 07 Mar 2013 09:00 AM PST

I'm trying to set up an SQL 2012 Availability Group between 'ServerA' and 'ServerB'On the source server (ServerA) I get the following message in the 'AlwaysOn High Availability' tab in SQL Server Configuration Manager: 'An error occurred while loading the AlwaysOn High Availability properties [return code: 0x80070005]. This server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and SQL Server 2012 SP1 Enterprise edition, but I can't confirm if the hotfix in KB2494036 has been installed as I don't have admin rights on the server (don't ask). The server admin said he was going to install it last night but I haven't confirmed with him, and he's left the office for the night.On the destination server (ServerB) I get the standard error message saying that SQL 2012 Enterprise Edition, Windows Server 2008 and KB2494036 need to be installed. This server is also running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and SQL Server 2012 SP1 Enterprise edition, and I can confirm the hotfix has been installed.When I try to run the Availability Group wizard on ServerA, on the Replicas tab, when I put in the credentials for ServerB, I get the error message: "Cannot connect to QA-SQL-LOAD1\VRS70. AlwaysOn feature is not enabled on SQL Server instance 'QA-SQL-LOAD1\VRS70'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.HadrTasks)"Getting clear installation and troubleshooting documentation on setting this up has been quite challenging (which might be part of my problem...) - does anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?TIA,Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog