Tuesday, March 26, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Running SQL Profiler Trace on a specific table

[MS SQL Server] Running SQL Profiler Trace on a specific table


Running SQL Profiler Trace on a specific table

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 04:18 AM PDT

Is there a way to run a SQL Trace on a specific table? I've got a table in the production environment, which keeps changing values in certain column, and I'm trying to find what is causing the change.

SQL Job Agent History format

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:55 PM PDT

Is there any way to fix the formatting? I'm just getting lines of text without carriage return/line feeds. It makes it very difficult to read. I know I can log to a file, but it'd be nice to be able to view it without having to map a drive and dig for the log.

Script for database level object permissions ?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 02:02 AM PDT

Hello,I need to find a script that will list all permissions to public ONLY on a database level ( i.e select , execute ... ) like this vulnerability below.[Object Name:system_sql_modules] [Granted To:public] [Granted By:dbo] [Database:ABC] [Permission:SELECT] [Schema Name:sys] [State:GRANT] [Class:OBJECT_OR_COLUMN]much appreciated !JR

Log Backup

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 08:34 AM PDT

After I take the log backup, shouldn't I see the decrease in size of my transaction log file? Do I need to do anything to see the decrease in size of my transaction log file?

Column encryption and decription........

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 01:34 AM PDT

Hello experts,I need to encrypt 4 col. in sql server 2008 and decrypt again. Do I have to do one column at a time or all together, if somebody give me more info with steps I would really appreciate.

Catching culprits of high tempdb growth

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:48 PM PDT

Hello,We are facing issues with tempdb on our SQL server 2008 clustered instance. The SQL version is Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP1) - 10.0.2714.0 (X64) May 14 2009 16:08:52 Copyright (c) 1988-2008 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) Once or twice a month, tempdb grows to unexpectedly high values and log file growth fills up the drive. The problem is that it is happening at Random times and there is no trend. We are looking to find out what is causing the tempdb to fill. Is there a script that I can deploy in my environment using which I can find out the culprits that are growing my tempdb? I tried searching through default trace files but those are not very helpful. This has been a headache since last 3 months or so and everytime we have to restart SQL server during production hours to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance!!

starting sql server

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 06:15 PM PDT

Is this possible to restart the sql server in single user modeif yes is there any impact on server

SQL SERVER 2008 PRO installation

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 08:55 PM PDT

Hello,All.can anyone please help.I have visual studio 2008 pro installed in my system.while sql server 2008 pro installation i stuck-up in ,installation rules getting an error to install visual studio 2008 SP1.so i installed that one.and restarted the system.and then again i run the sql server 2008 setup,but still showing the same error.i checked whether SP1 is installed,and it is done for sure.i have sql server 2008 express in my system.will that be a prblm?can anyone please help me in this,coz i need this urgently to start my project..please..

HIgh CPU usage by SQLserver.exe

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 06:49 AM PDT

HI All,We have moved one of our 2005 database to 2008 R2 windows server- with 16GB RAM and 4CPU's.The database size is of 2.7GB.I see that the CPU utilisation by this Single database is very high and reaching to 100% most of the times. Sometimes the website crashes and CPU drop down.How can i trace and find the exact problem with that database.I have done- Rebuild of indexes/Update stats, Queries are going for parallelism- so changed the MAx degree of parallelism to 2.Can any one please suggest how can i trace which session is consuming more CPU. Thanks.

MDW and upload schedules from different instances

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 11:08 AM PDT

I have recently set up MDW across our SQL estate. There are approximately 40 instances being monitored all sending their data to a cental sysutility_mdw database. I started to run into issues with uploads failing and timing out so I staggered the upload schedules. Each set of upload jobs from an instance still kicked off at the same time (every 15 mins) but only happening once a day. However, wheh I now look at the reports a No Data Availble message appears despite the upload completed without errors.I then staggered one set of uploads to start 2 minutes apart to upload every 15 mins and every 17 mins and this report is now displaying data again.If the upload only happens once a day, where has the data gone? Each of these is running in cached mode, so I assumed all data for last 24 hours would just be uploaded, but this is not the case?Can anyone shed any light on this?In terms of locking issues on the sysutility_mdw database, what would be the best upload schedule? If I have 10 instances, should the upload times be staggered from each instance so data is hitting the sysutility_mdw database at different times, or is it safe to just stagger the upload times between jobs on the one instance, but upload the data at the same time from all instances? Or should each instance have it's own MDW database?Hope this makes sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog