Monday, March 4, 2013

[MS SQL Server] resource governor with multiple cpu on server

[MS SQL Server] resource governor with multiple cpu on server


resource governor with multiple cpu on server

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 04:01 AM PST

is it possible to use resource governor when there more number of cpu or it is a multiprocessor environment and how it can be configured??

SSMS open sessions

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 03:56 AM PST

We recently found quite a few errors in SQL error log at weekend the past Sunday, it lasts about 8 hours. . The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication. [CLIENT 10.50...)We traced to the client IP address, and I asked if she tried to login over the weekend, but she didn't. But she said this monday morning, windows asked her to change the password, this is because we have policy that have to change password in 3 months.So on Sunday she had some SSMS queries open that was left so from last Friday.So we guess it is probably from SSMS of her workstation that keep trying to connect the server. and since her password is expired, it shows errors for windows authentication errors.My question is, when SSMS is open from client machine, even she was not working on it the whole weekend, why it keep trying to connect to server?is it supposed to work that way for SSMS?Thanks

Database Backup Issue

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 02:39 AM PDT

Hello All,I'm running SQL 2008 R2. I have an intermediate issue with my backup for this one database. Some days the backup completes successfully with no problem and other days - could be 3 or 4 in a row - the backup fails with the following error:Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Cannot open backup device 'F:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\SMS.BAK'. Operating system error 32(The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.). [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3201) BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013). The step failed.The command used to backup the database is:BACKUP DATABASE [SMS] TO DISK = N'F:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\SMS.BAK' WITH NOFORMAT, INIT, NAME = N'SMS- Backup', SKIP, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10GOIs there any way to determine what that process is that is preventing the backup from occurring? Or are there any suggestions on how I can ensure that the backup device isn't causing an issue with the backup?Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks in advance for your help.Ronnie

SQL Server doesn't accept remote connections.

Posted: 03 Mar 2013 06:50 AM PST

Hello,I am trying to use my SQL Server in my Perl application. I am hosting my Perl code on an external hosting server.When I was developing my code I was running it on a computer on the same network as the server and everything worked fine. But, when I uploaded the code to the hosting service (replacing the local IP with the public IP of the server), it started failing in the part where it connects to the database saying that the server wasn't found. Maxwell.P.S. I did forward port 1433 and I even put the server as DMZ Host (which puts that computer in front of the firewall).

resource governor calculation for min and max utilization

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 12:17 AM PST

Can anyone explain how to calculate the resources for different resource poolsgone through BOL bit not actually getting the nderstnding?what is the term shared% means in resource governor?

Can not connect to SQLSERVER

Posted: 28 Dec 2010 02:19 PM PST

Hi, i've installed SQL Server 2008 R2 in my system and after that i've updated the 'sa' account using the scriptUSE [master]GOALTER LOGIN [sa] WITH PASSWORD=N'blah' MUST_CHANGEGOand after the restart of services, i tried to login as 'sa' user. Unfortunately it is giving me some error:A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)Server Name: XYZ\SQLEXPRESSError Number: 233Severity: 20State: 0i've enable namedpipes in Sql Server configuration manager. Could anyone pl. tell me how can i fix this issue.Thanks&Regards,Anilkumar M.S

Attach Database Error after moving MDF

Posted: 03 Mar 2013 04:31 AM PST

I needed to move the MDF to another location so I detached the database, and dragged the MDF to a new folder. I was thinking it had finished copying, so I attempted to attach it, but got an error because the MDF was in use. No surprise. After the copy finished, I tried to attach again, but now I get the error:"Unable to open the phuysical file "F:\log\search_log.LDF Operating system error 5 "Access is denied" SQL Error 5120.I did not make any changes to the LDF, so not quite sure why that is throwing the error.Any suggestions ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog