Wednesday, March 27, 2013

[MS SQL Server] owners_id remains NULL

[MS SQL Server] owners_id remains NULL


owners_id remains NULL

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 02:34 AM PDT

I had recently move my data and log files to different locations on the server box to keep them all in the same location (house keeping maintenace). The databases owner used to be the previous DBA and when I reattached the database my domain account became the owner. I ran a query on sys.databases and the owner_sid has my domain account's SID, however, when I ran a SELECT [name], SUSER_NAME([owner_sid]) AS OWNERS_ID,[owner_sid], * FROM master.[sys].[databases] my databases except of model, msdb, and master have NULL for SUSER_NAME([owner_sid]). I can change the db owner to sa but I cannot change the owner to another domain account even though I know they exist. This discrepencies are pretty strange and I don't think there's any orphan users since the SID actually match.Any ideas on what's going on?

SA Disabled\Locked

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 10:52 PM PDT

Hi Experts,We have two situations here1. 'SA' is locked and we don't have any login with sysadmin previleage2. SA is disabled and no other logins in that server except builtin\administrator.Can anyone please help me to login to server with admin rights or enable\unlock SATIA

Missing Lookup operator?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 10:30 PM PDT

Hi AllConsider the following table and their indexes[code="sql"]create table test1 (Col1 int identity (1,1) primary key clustered, Col2 int, Col3 int, Col4 int)create nonclustered index ncx on test1 (Col4)create table test2 (Col1 int identity (1,1) primary key clustered, Col2 int, Col3 int, Col4 int)create nonclustered index ncx2 on test2 (Col3,Col4)[/code]Consider the following query[code="sql"]select test2.Col2,test1.Col2 from test1inner join test2 on test1.Col1 = test2.Col1where test2.Col1 < 5[/code]The execution plan shows 2 Clustered Index seeks and a nested loops join. Because there are no indexes on the columns in my select list (test2.Col2,test1.Col2), shouldn't I be seeing lookups? Thanks

connecting sql server 2008 to visual studio 2008

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 08:55 PM PDT

I cannot connect my server name to server whenever i m connecting error is displayedA network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 – Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)can anyone please help to solve this.i am digging my head in the net for all the possible solutions.no luck..thanks in advance.

Cant see SQL Server 2008 R2 on local, no matter what

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 11:22 AM PDT

Hi, no matter I tried I still can't access instance of MSSQLServer I install on my machine, and I'm trying to do it thru MS SSMS on local machine,I see Instance MSSQLSERVER in configuration, I started all services (SQL Server, SQL Browser), enabled TCP (port 1433) , (Shared memory also ENABLED). REstarted all services. Using W authentication on SSMS, going to .\MSSQLSERVER, localhost\MSSQLSERVER, t410\MSSQLServer...user Name = T410\lenovo which is confirmed correct.... and still geting error 87 "A network-related or instance-specific error occured while connecting to MSSQL server.checked firewall for tcp/1433 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175043.aspxIn my SSMS ServerName dropdown, I still have stored sqlexpress instance, should be lef from my prev installaion of express. But now I'm on 2008 R2, running W7 64. I also have <Microsoft SQL Server 2008> folder I think left from prev install, it has only Configuration tools.All new install in <Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2>Looks like only thing left is firewall? That what I learned from www, but I'm local so should be the case either. Is there any more diagnostics I can run, not sure about isql -L?APpreciate all help. How to make it work, ThanksV

Cannot create a database...Keep getting error

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 06:44 AM PDT

Hey guys,Ran into a problem I have never seen before...I am logged on to a SQL Server box as sa with sa rights...I go to create a database, give it a name, the drives are already populated, and when I click OK, I get the following errorCREATE FILE encountered an operating system error 5(Access denied) while attempting to open or create the file blah blah blah...What is this error? I even went to the drive where it will be created and created a txt file on that drive so:I am logged in as SA on SQL ServerI can create a file on the driveWhy is it not letting me create a database?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog