Monday, March 25, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Mostly accessed objects in database

[MS SQL Server] Mostly accessed objects in database


Mostly accessed objects in database

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 04:24 AM PDT

Is there a way or a query that I can find out in the past year what tables and view are most accessed or heavily used?Thanks,

Cannot backup - Old killed backup still running

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 11:57 PM PDT

Hi I have one DB that on a multi DB server that people cannot connect to. I'm not familar with the DB.I THINK the problem was that an reindex or backup was ongoing when the Server was restarted.If I try and backup the DB now I get this error:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Backup, file manipulation operations (such as ALTER DATABASE ADD FILE) and encryption changes on a database must be serialized. Reissue the statement after the current backup or file manipulation operation is completed. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)I can find 2 processes which have been killed: KILLED/ROLLBACK status=SUSPENDED. Both have wait time (ms) of a couple of dayskill 85 with statusonlySPID 85: transaction rollback in progress. Estimated rollback completion: 0%. Estimated time remaining: 0 seconds.How can I remove these so I may get the DB back up and working. Would a SQL restart work..Thanks

Why should we have multiple FileGroups instead of one?

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 11:50 PM PDT

I just happen to visit a good forum site on SQL Server. Over there, there was one article which says that we should have more than one FileGroup because it is good pratice. But over there the author failed to mention why should we not have single FileGroup ? Could any body help me understand this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog