Wednesday, March 13, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Grant persmissions to database

[MS SQL Server] Grant persmissions to database


Grant persmissions to database

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 05:09 AM PDT

We have 5 small in-house developed applications whose databases are hosted on a SQL server.For each application we have an execute account that is used by application to access back end SQL databasesSo I create the logins in SQL server. Now come to the users security part.Shall I simplely grant db_owner for these five accounts for their application databases respectively?They may need to read and write and also execute stored procedures in the databases. So I think db_owner should be simple and fine.Thanks

Cannot connect after change Service Account

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 04:42 AM PDT

I have a 2008 R2 SQL Server that is not clustered. I changed the SQL Service Account username and password. All SQL Services start up but I am unable to connect using Windows Authentication. I can connect using a SQL Account with sysadmin rights. Admin rights are granted to a Domain Security Group (which I am a member). Is there a step I'm missing? I have changed the Service Account and passwords on other Servers without any errors.

How to find cause of Replication delay?

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 10:59 PM PDT

Hi everyone,I just have a quick question about finding the cause of a delay I saw with one of my subscriptions today. I noticed that data was not being published to the subscription when I tried accessing a report and began looking for the issue. I did the usual checks with the replication monitor and I checked the connection between both servers, looked at the job history, checked the sync history etc. But I found no errors or warnings. The only thing I could see was that the sync status said that the subscription was waiting on a reply from the server but thats all the info I could find :ermm: Any help on where to look to find the cause of this delay would be really helpful, and as a side note should I apply alerts to notify me if there is a delay again? Thanks in advance for all your help,Kindest Regards,Craig Specs:Windows Server 2008SQL Server 2008 R2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog