Tuesday, March 5, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Dr Server Implementation in sql server 2008

[MS SQL Server] Dr Server Implementation in sql server 2008


Dr Server Implementation in sql server 2008

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 06:20 PM PST

Hi, i have morethan 100+ database in single instance but now i have plan for create Dr site server. is it possiable for all database in Dr site..? how can i do it..?

Mirror failover

Posted: 05 Mar 2013 02:03 AM PST

Hi All,I have an issue with mirror failover1. I configured mirroring on 3 databases. if in 3databses one got failover the other two also need to failover to the mirror server can any one know the TSQL command?please post here..I have small idea about the query where mirror status is 7 or 8 :-)

Database Owners

Posted: 05 Mar 2013 02:03 AM PST

It recently came to my attention that the DB owner on many of our databases is the user who created them, rather thas sa or a service account.Assuming it is OK for that person to have full rights on the database, how much of a problem is this? Does anything break if the person leaves the organization and the account is disabled? (I believe Agent jobs owned by diabled Active Directory accounts DO stop working).What are the pros & cons of having databases owned by sa vrs domain service accounts?

rename SQL server

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 04:48 AM PST

After we changed computer name, and I renamed SQL server name too following ms articles. by using sp_dropserver, sp_addserver.But I see there are still somewhere on the server left with old computer name footprint.For example: there are some windows group see attached, they have old computer name there, shall I rename the groups?I am afraid if I rename it to include newer computer names, it will break something in the server, or registry?Or it is safe to rename? [img]http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Attachment13286.aspx[/img]Thanks

Data Issue

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 11:30 PM PST

Hi Experts,In one of our database developers found an issue with data. The data is 4F which is returned correctly when using this value and the same is returned when given 4F. That is the symbol is replaced with 'F'. have to give N' (unicode) while searching with both the symbol and F. Any idea why this happens. The column data type is NVARCHAR.Thanks in Advance

WMI event for mirroring

Posted: 04 Mar 2013 07:16 AM PST

Hi Friends,I have to implement Mirroring on 4 databases. 1. How can I write code for Failover for all databases. If one DB got failover I want it to failover all the databses. For this I want create a WMI event for Each DB can any one know the script please reply me back.Thank you in Advance :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog