Saturday, March 2, 2013

[MS SQL Server] Backup issue

[MS SQL Server] Backup issue


Backup issue

Posted: 02 Mar 2013 01:46 AM PST

Hi All, I have a 80B database in SQL Server 2000 and i migrating to SQL Server 2008 through side by side. When i taking backup through GUI or QUERY but not successfully taking getting automatically disconnected. When i checked in ERROR LOG get below massage.[b]3041 :BACKUP failed to complete the command backup database DBNAME to Disk = 'D:\Dbname\part1.bak',Disk = 'D:\Dbname\part2.bak',Disk = 'D:\Dbname\part3.bak',For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.[/b]Some where i saw this error like space issue but my 'D' Drive is 600GB free.Let me know what is the issue???Thanks in advance Satish

Database in Recovery mode while restoring it

Posted: 01 Mar 2013 09:34 AM PST

HI All, I need your to understand and resolve this issue.I have initiated the backup script for a database which was online. I took it to single user mode and am restoring it. Its been 130 mins now and is showing as recovery mode where as it should be in restoring mode. the messages tab in the SSMS says Processed 5531167 pages for database 'Mydatabase Name', file 'Mydatabase Log file' on file 1.What can be done in these cases. can you please reply at the earliest since it our production environment?

SQL Max server memory settings

Posted: 01 Mar 2013 06:14 AM PST

How can I get a max server memory setting of SQL if it's not running/disalbled?SueTons.

CPU considerations for multiple instances

Posted: 01 Mar 2013 04:42 AM PST

I've been researching this and haven't found much info so I'm not sure what most people do. Consider a server with 48 cores running 4 SQL instances. The server has 192GB RAM and I have max memory set per instance, but there isn't a max CPU so to speak. I have MAXDOP set to 8, but that is just per query. If multiple queries come in, one instance could spike all the cores and starve the other instances. I'm considering enabling only certain NumaNodes for each instance. Is that the route to go?Here's another wrench in the mix. The instances will be in a Veritas cluster so they can/will failover to another physical server. If I set specific NumaNodes for an instance, will it use the same NumaNodes on the failover server?Any suggestions or past experiences will be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog